For the safety of our guests and the preservation of our property, the following policies and rules will be strictly enforced at Moorings. If you have any questions or require clarification, please contact us.
- Checkout time is noon.
- If you wish to stay an additional night, please contact our office for availability.
Payment, Cancellation and Refunds
- Please refer to this information on our 2023 RATES page.
- No smoking is permitted in our office, laundry room or restrooms. IT IS THE LAW.
- For any emergency, please dial 911.
- All visitors must check in at the front office, register their vehicle and pay the daily or nightly fee, whichever applies, before meeting at any site.
- Fees for visitors are posted on our 2023 RATES page.
- Visitors are not permitted to bring pets.
- Cleaning up after your pet and consideration of your neighbors is expected and will be strictly enforced.
- Pets must be walked in public areas to do their business. Do not allow your pet to do its business on someone else’s site.
- No dogs are allowed in the grassy areas along the fence in front of our oceanfront sites and the central grassy area of the campground.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- All owners must immediately clean up after their pets. Do NOT throw pet waste in fire rings or surrounding woods; place in dumpster or designated dog waste bin at designated dog play area behind office.
- Dogs must never be left unattended.
- Prior to checkin, approval must be granted if you have more than two pets while staying at Moorings.
- Pets are not allowed inside the office, laundry room or restrooms, on the playground area or on others’ sites.
- Excessive barking will not be tolerated and will be grounds for requesting you leave the campground.
- While well-behaved pets are permitted on the beach, please keep them on our property and not the adjoining beachfront properties.
- All vehicles must be parked only on gravel pads.
- If your vehicle is parked on the grass, you will be asked to move it promptly.
- Only one vehicle is allowed per site.
- Extra vehicles may be parked near the office.
- Rugs and carpets are not permitted on the grass. Please park your RV in such a way that your rug or carpet is positioned on the gravel area only. You will be asked to remove your rug if it is lying on the grass.
- Trespassing on adjoining properties is strictly prohibited. Each property is privately owned.
- The cutting of firewood or destroying of surrounding vegetation on your site or on any of our property is prohibited. Firewood is for sale in the office. Maine law does not allow firewood from outside of the State of Maine.
- Guests need to be wary of intense winds: be sure to close those awnings if you are leaving for the day!
- No fireworks are allowed.
- Diesel trucks and motorhomes should not run any longer than necessary. Excessive idling is inconsiderate to your neighbor, especially in the early morning hours.
- No structures or buildings (either remote or attached to a camping unit), are permitted.
- No tents or shade structures are permitted which would obstruct the view of a neighbor, to include but not limited to, the patio areas of Premium Sites as they obstruct the view of those behind you. They are permissible in the patio areas of Standard View Sites so long as they do not block the view of a neighbor behind you.
- No outside refrigerators or anything similar are permitted.
- All exterior items such as but not limited to clothes lines or large carpeting are not permitted.
- Washing of vehicles on site is prohibited. Please ask the office for the nearest car wash in town.
- No dumping of grease down any sinks, please! It will ruin our septic tank.
Grills and Campfires
- Campfire rings should not be moved.
- Please keep all fires confined to the campfire rings.
- Never leave your lit grill or campfire unattended.
- Personal grills are not permitted on top of our picnic tables (the plastic will melt!).
Trash, Recycling, Grey/Black Water
- Place all trash in the dumpster located behind the office building.
- Recycling bins are located behind the office building for your plastic, glass and cans.
- No discharge of any grey or black water is permitted anywhere except at the dump station or through non-leaking sewer connections at our sewer hookups. Should you leave your site, DO NOT leave your sewer hose on the ground, unattended. Take it with you. Failure to dump in an unsanitary manner will be grounds for immediate expulsion without refund as Moorings must be in compliance with Maine health and environmental standards at all times. To assist with this mandatory compliance, we have sewer hoses and connections available at the office for purchase.
Quiet Hours and Noise
- Quiet hours are between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m. Please be considerate of your fellow campers.
- Excessive noise during any hours will not be tolerated.
Playground and Children
- Playground hours are 8 a.m. until dusk.
- Please watch your children at all times, especially around the stairs to the beach, the rocks on the beach and the cliff. Not only is it dangerous, but there are some patches of poison ivy along the cliff as well as the other side of the beach steps.
Speed Limit and Traffic
- Moorings is a pedestrian and child-friendly campground. Please drive slowly and carefully through the park.
- Our speed limit is 5 MPH and unless a spotter has been provided, runs in a one-way, counterclockwise direction.
- We have a separate exit road, so please don’t exit the park through another campsite or the entrance road.